Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Love Potato Salad

I'm at work. On a Sunday. It's a beautiful day in Houston Texas people. I hope you got to go out and see the Art Car Parade for me. I've still never been.

I'm learning to love Houston like never before.

The fiance has decided to go ahead and stay in Houston. Stay here, get an internship or a job and build up his skill set and experience before hoofing it to Austin to start the rest of our life with all the weirdos.

I'm happy about that. It means I can finally find a new job. Get the hell out of here. I hate this place. There are random moments of happy, granted, but they are few and far between and relatively small and sad, like we soggy cereal, glad to have been poured in the bowl but ultimately will never make it to the other bowl. Ha. I'm funny!

So yes. On to bigger and better things. Or maybe just over to the same and similar things, just in a different location.

And all this brings me back to potato salad. I love potato salad. It's my all around happy comfort food. I can have a container in the fridge and when things get a little stressful I have a bite. Yeah, just one bite. It's like a Hershey's Kiss for those of us who prefer smooth mustardy potatoy goodness.

So I brought a container of it to work with me. It's been in the fridge singing me soothing songs of love and joy and happy times. It sounds like this:

doo doo dooo
doo doooo
doooooooooooo
I Love You! I love
potato
salad!

Yes. That is my little potato salad song. It makes me happy and keeps my crazy in check while I sit alone in the office for four freaking hours in the middle of a Sunday. Yeah, 1pm to 5pm on Sunday.

How much more could you torture people? Seriously? I would gladly work 9-1 on a Sunday and have a quazi day off. But no, throw a short amount of work into the middle of an otherwise wonderful day.

Ah but it is now 4:57. I will be able to clock out soon.

Guess what I did for four hours here at work all alone, while eating and singing to my potato salad? You guessed it. Uploaded my resume and started applying for jobs. All over the great city of Montrose *cough* I mean Houston.

4:59..... the countdown begins!

I feel like I haven't been posting enough and it makes me sad. However, I know me and guilt is a major motivator to get me to work harder.

So yes. I will! I can! I am going to post more often! Because I love the sound of my own ..................

5:00!!!!

I'm officially running around crazy flailing the arms in the air!

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment