Saturday, May 28, 2011

New Place: Jackson's Watering Hole


Jackson's Watering Hole
1205 Richmond
Houston, TX 77006
Neighborhood: Museum District
(713) 528-2988

The View: I really enjoyed myself here. Parking was very easy, kind of a gravel type place where you make your own space. The bar itself looks like an old ice house/ storage warehouse. The patio is obviously recently built and well done at that. Lots of nice picnic tables, I'd say about 10 of them, not to mention smaller tables.

The Inside: The interior of the bar is open, the music is the PERFECT level to be able to hear the people you're with speaking. A good variety of old country and popular music from the 90's. Made us 30 somethings feel right at home. No pool tables but they have two nice dart boards. Lots of bar stools and tables. No one was standing around because they couldn't find a seat.

The Service: We had to go to the bar a total of twice. Once to open a tab and get our first beers (The Fiancé had Abita Green Gator and I had something similar) and the the second time to close our tabs. The bartender gladly poured samples for me when I wasn't sure what I wanted. After our first beer the waitress found us outside on the porch, asked if we wanted another, offered me something called a Bootlegger Porter (or something like that, it's what I drank the rest of the night, yummo!) and then promptly returned with the beers. It was like that the whole evening.

The Price: After tip for 7 beers we had spent about $40. A bit pricey but we were drinking small brewery, yummy beers, not Busch or Lone Star. The bartender remembered The Fiancé's name after introducing himself once! It was worth it. I look forward to going there again, next time with a group of friends.

The Downside: One toilet for girls, one for guys. Somehow it all worked out and I didn't have to wait to go pee once.

The End: It was a great Date Night place, a great groupout place, or even a great out alone maybe to meet new people place. I liked it and will be keeping it in my rotation of favorite places to go. We were also informed walking out the door that they do Karaoke on Saturday nights.

5 Smiley Faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment