Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Phone From Car

I like to take photos of funny things that I see. But sometimes I just don't have a camera, so I use my eyes and MS Paint. I have a favorite blog called Hyperbole and a Half. It's pretty much all in MS Paint and super funny. I want to preface this by saying that I am inspired by her blog a great deal and thought it would be a fun avenue for my stortelling. That being said....

Boyfriend is going to the local university for Communications. This means that he makes pretty pictures with the computer and makes videos with people and computers. I was allowed to visit the set of a the class's final project.

Now, to get to Boyfriend's college I have to drive through one of the worst, poorest, most dangerous neighborhoods in my city.

I came to a stop sign and finally understood how people make calls while 'on the road' when they don't have cell phones.





You see, a person drives up to the Phone From Car and inserts small round metal pieces into a plastic box. He then pushes in numbers on a keypad, like on the keyboard on your computer. He listens while the phone rings alerting the person with the cell phone that a Phone From Car is calling. Once the person on the other line answers he then speaks and conveys the messages that he has. Now, since he only has round metal pieces to use to make the call and not a Family Network Super Global Never Run Out Of Minutes plan he has to make his communications brief.

At the end of the call he then hangs the plastic handle/mouthpiece/earphone back onto the plastic box with the keys and the money holes. He can then drive around the corner to pick up his favorite malt beverage of choice, knowing that he is also a member of the 21st century by Phoneing From Car.

-Celling from car



No comments:

Post a Comment