Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Sex Alarm

My friend, Gnats, recently posed the question of mistimed libidos. She has gotten to the comfortable stage in her relationship where the sex part has become optional. Not like when they first started dating where it was a necessity. Only, it's not her hormones that have slowed things down, it's him.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy, he treats her right and takes care of the house and loves her dog and make yummy dinner. But the sex hasn't been as forthcoming as she would like.

It's about timing.

She gets up for work, get ready and is about to leave when he says, 'Hey baby, wanna snuggle for a second?" Now, she explained to me that this is the secret phrase for sexy time. Sadly, she has to leave the house unfulfilled because she has that darned thing called work that she must go to. When she gets home, his sails have deflated from the long day and sex is the furthest thing from him mind.

I once had this same issue. I wanted it in the morning before I went to work, you know, start your day off right, but he had to leave too early. So I used a sex alarm.

It's nothing fancy, you have all the tools at hand that you will need. An alarm clock and the willingness to get up a little early for that which you want.

I explained that she just needed to set her alarm clock 30 minutes to allow for the early morning workout. It might take a few false starts to get him into the routine but eventually it will become a lovely habit.

I just thought I would share my advice with the ether since it seemed to help her so much. Even if she doesn't use the sex alarm it got her thinking in different directions and taking control of what she wanted and just find a way to get it.

-not a morning person

No comments:

Post a Comment