Sunday, February 13, 2011

Preventing the Rage

Men really are like children.

I don't mean this in a condescending, women are superior kind of way. Certainly not.

But really, they are. Men are prone to fits or tantrums just like most children. The trigger is different for every guy and it's up to us gals to be able to see it and jump in to prevent it.

Boyfriend gets the 'rage' when he's cooking. He love's to cook. When he's making dinner it's like a 5 star restaurant complete with sous chef. All 5 of those people have crammed themselves into his body. He's moving and shaking. He's twisting and turning. Our cramped galley style kitchen is not big enough for more than one person so he's grabbing something from here and twisting to put it on the stove over there. It's a lot of fun to watch. Until....

There comes the inevitable moment when he must retrieve a baking sheet/cuttingboard/pan from the overstuffed microscopic cabinet where we keep such things. I see it in slow motion from the kitchen table where I'm offering moral support and conversation.

He bends down to open the door, as the door to the cabinet is opening I can hear his blood pumping through his veins, I can hear his heart palpitating. He reaches his hand into the cabinet - And that is when I jump up and run over to him and say, "Honey, what do you need?" He stands up and immediately calms down. His response, "The round casserole dish." I then move a few steps to the right and get the casserole dish out of the proper cabinet on the other side of the sink. Imagine what would have happened if I hadn't jumped in? There would have been banging and crashing and all kinds of chaos.

I'm not the only woman who has learned to prevent the impending rage from our manchildren. Gnats was explaining to me the crackers she has to now keep in her purse at all times in order to keep the beast at bay.

We learn these things because we love them, maybe this is how nature teaches us women how to deal with unruly children. I'm trying to learn as much as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment