Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sisters

Boyfriend and I were discussing having children recently. He said you can't have just one, like they are potato chips or something. But I think he may have point.

I've always been given over to the selfish thoughts of "well if I didn't have a sister then..."

But as I get older I realize that having a little sister taught me a lot.

I don't really feel like expounding on the lessons I've learned, everything from sharing to how to depend on someone else. I'd rather share the fun stories.

Biner (it's pronounced "beener" )and I would fight. But if someone else said one wrong thing about her I would kill them. Still to this day. I know she would do the same.

I had someone with whom the Parents were a common enemy, someone who would cover for me and I them.

And as I get older, I have someone I can talk to about those rare rare things that can't be given to Boyfriend, Best Friend or friend. They can only be shared with Sister. I have many Sisters. I have Older Sister, Little Sister and Baby Sister. And each of them shares a different part of that which is Me. I'm...not sure which one I am. I am Middle Sister but I really don't deserve that honor. That goes to Biner. She's the one who was truly raised as the Middle Sister. I'm the black sheep. Maybe because I made myself that way or maybe because that is who I am.

But I digress.

Biner, Middle Sister, Little Sister has always been the one who stands up For me, who stands up To me and stands up With me. She's like no other person in my life and I am eternally grateful for her place in my existance.

She's not always the most affectionate person but she has always been there to help me out. Be it when I'm thinking about ending a 6 year relationship or when I'm struggling keeping on track with a diet. I'll always remember the strange paper and string note delivery system we designed for the hallway growing up and the time when I vacuumed her hair. Oh, and that scar on her forehead that no one can really remember how it got there...did I push her or did she fall?

Yeah, my Little Sister is awesome.

Crap, I think he just proved his point without even having to be involved with the conversation.

Here's to You, all you Big, Older, Middle, Little, Baby Sisters, you make life worth living!

-big, older, middle sister

No comments:

Post a Comment