Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rainy Day

[It was the rainy day background but I've changed it...I love change....]
I chose this layout for a reason. A good reason. Don't laugh or I'll send at least 5 roaches to lick your dishes. (ewwwwwwww..... that's really grossss!)

I love rain.

My best friend Heater, loves rain.

We decided together that rain means good things coming. We have a paper journal where 'it is written' that rain means good things are coming.

All the crazy good things that have happened in our lives have stemmed from rain storms.

That one time we laid down in our panties and nothing else in the giant puddle in the front yard... that was a good time, it was our 'baptism as sisters in freshwater'. It means and meant a lot to me.

That other time we took home two sad depressed young men from the bar and danced with them nakedish in the front yard in the rain...that was amazing (his fiance had cheated on him and the other's girlfriend had dumped him, this is when we started thinking of ourselves as 'vacation girls').

Heater asked me "where's the bag Lisa?!" for a while because we couldn't find the bag that had glasses, beers and cell phones in it, I had hidden it in the bedroom closet because I didn't want
her to find it and drink more and get ( more drunk and sad....")

Or, the rainfall that happened the night my father has his emergency brain surgery to release the swelling that had accumulated when he had his car accident....

Long story short:

dad had car accident - refused MRI..
got headaches.....
took aspirin.....
had thinning blood on brain...
fell off of ladder 2 months later....
thought he was having a stroke....
NO! It was the hemorrhage he had been having for two months finally deciding to make an appearance!

It was a horrible sad sweet time in the Neurological ICU with my Mother who was trying to make herself pretty for her husband when he came out of surgery. I love my mom. She's the typical 1950's housewife and I hope my dad appreciates her. I know I do.

Yes. So my dad almost died. He had a terrible brain surgery that sent my family to the hospital, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, etc. in the middle of downtown, in the middle of a dreanching downpour to make me realize that the rain really does make everything ok.

Yeah, it was hard to explain to my mom and sisters why I was so calm but I think the fact that I was so calm helped them.

My dad survived. He's got some stories though. He was the only one to hear, "You're being released...." out of the 6 people in his pod. 1 out of 6. Those where his stats. Scary.

And the whole time, my mom was concerned that she would be pretty when my dad came out of surgery. I would be too. You want the one YOU care about most to see a beautiful angel in the light of your foggy mind when you step away from the brink of death.

I hope my dad sees that beautiful angel everytimes he wakes up in the morning. Because he deserves it and so does she.

-hoping the raindrops keep falling

No comments:

Post a Comment